The Lean Product Playbook - How to innovate with minimum viable products and rapid customer feedback
How much do I want to read more? 8/10
A very nice book to read for anyone building a product or a service. Make sure you build the right thing, and get inspired to get the right idea from the begining before inversting too much time.
The added value here, compared with the classic "The lean startup" is not only to get the big ideas, but to know how to apply them.
Introduction: Why Products Fail and How Lean Changes the Game
Building great products is hard.
WHY PRODUCTS FAIL
The main reason products fail is because they don’t meet customer needs in a way that is better than other alter- natives.
WHY THIS BOOK?
to fill the knowledge gaps faced by many people who want to create a product using Lean Startup principles.
The Product-Market Fit Pyramid
five key components: your target customer, your customer’s underserved needs, your value proposi- tion, your feature set, and your user experience (UX).
The Product-Market Fit Pyramid:
- Determine your target customers
- Identify underserved customer needs
- Define your value proposition
- Specify your minimum viable product (MVP) feature set 5. Create your MVP prototype
- Test your MVP with customers
WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR?
- Anyone trying to build a new product or service
- Anyone trying to improve their existing product or service
- Product managers, designers, and developers
- Marketers, analysts, and program managers
- CEOs and other executives
- People working in companies of any size
- Anyone who is passionate about building great products
HOW THIS BOOK IS ORGANIZED
- Part I. “Core Concepts,” explains the foundational ideas of product-market fit
- Part II. six steps of the process in detail.
- Part III. Building and Optimizing Your Product
http://leanproductplaybook.com, as a place to share and discuss those new ideas.
Part I - Core Concepts
Chapter 1 - Achieving Product-Market Fit with the Lean Product Process
Product-market fit is a wonderful term because it captures the essence of what it means to build a great product.