Business For Authors - How To Be An Author Entrepreneur
How much do I want to read more? 8/10
Not only this book is about writing but mostly about Entrepreneurship. It's actually about being an entrepreneur as an author.
The author is an experienced business woman living well on her craft. She's an accomplished author and business person, she kept her creativity, and pay the bills. Which is kind of "rare".
She also is a professional public speaker.
She's a bit the person I can imagine to be. So maybe I should read this book further.
Is this book for you?
I relish the moments of creative flow that can sometimes surprise us. But I’m not here to talk about creativity or the craft of writing.
My aim is to take the result of your creativity into the realm of actually paying the bills. To take you from being an author to running a business as an author.
It's a phenomenal time to be an author … if you change your mindset to that of an entrepreneur.
You are empowered to create whatever you want. You don't have to ask permission. You don't have to compromise to fit with anyone else's vision for your creative work. You can write what you want, when you want and publish at your own pace.
You can reach customers directly. You don't need anyone in the middle. You can publish globally in multiple formats.
The world has changed … the rise of indie and artisanal
There's been a renaissance in people shopping for artisan-made goods, crafted with care in smaller batches.
People want to shop from those who care enough to dedicate their time to making beautiful things, true artisans who put their heart and their story into their work.
Businesses have in common…
- An entrepreneurial beginning and a reason to exist and grow
- Products or services that people want to buy
- Employees and/or contractors to do the work in the business
- Customers who pay money in exchange for products and services
- A distribution network to get the products to customers,
- Marketing as a way to tell more people about their products and services
- Financial accounting to deal with income, expenditure, cashflow, reporting, tax.
- Strategy, reporting and planning, so that the company survives into the future