How much do I want to read more? 6/10
Decisions about: School, Friends, Parents, Dating, Addictions, Self-Worth.
I am not a teen, but I'm just curious about what it says. Reading through might help to get things into perspective.
[quote, CANDACE LIGHTNER]
“From one mother to another, I highly recommend that if you want a better future for your teens, you must have them read this book!”
[quote, PEDRO GARCIA]
“This book is perfectly written. I want all 74,000 students in our district to read it, as well as their parents and all 6,000 teachers. I am trying to figure out how to make it required reading for all teens in Nashville.”
[quote, HAL URBAN]
“Sean Covey has a genuine understanding of the challenges and needs of teenagers. He demonstrated it in his first book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, and he demonstrates it again in this terrific new book. What a valuable guide and resource for our young people! I hope every teenager in the world reads it.”
While your grandparents may have had to walk uphill to school in the snow, you have a different set of challenges to navigate: like media overload, party drugs, online pornography, date rape, terrorism, global competition, depression, and heavy peer pressure. It’s a totally different world!
THE SIX MOST IMPORTANT DECISIONS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- School. What are you going to do about your education?
- Friends. What type of friends will you choose and what kind of friend will you be?
- Parents. Are you going to get along with your parents?
- Dating and Sex. Who will you date and what will you do about sex?
- Addictions. What will you do about smoking, drinking, drugs, and other addictive stuff?
- Self-Worth. Will you choose to like yourself?